Over the years I’ve contributed to some of the world’s most prestigious print and online media outlets. I produce clear, concise and conversational copy to high standards and tight deadlines.
You can find some examples of my work below.
News, blogs and features
- At least three feared dead after police helicopter crashes into Glasgow pub
- Clutha helicopter crash: ‘It came through right above Dad’s usual spot’
- Refugees face ‘wasteland’ after Commonwealth Games demolition
- Engineers battle to reopen Scotland’s railways after 110mph winds
- Edinburgh university breaks new ground by opposing conflict minerals
- Essen 2018: the best board games from the biggest game convention
- First Martians board game makes a powerful case for staying on earth
- Let’s roll: The best board games for Christmas 2017
- Star Wars: Legion perfectly captures the saga’s heart-pounding battles
I’m also a regular contributor to Tabletop Gaming Magazine, where I write a monthly feature interviewing notable game designers as well as game reviews. And I’m the editor of The Board Game Book, the first in a planned series of annual hardback releases exploring the year’s most interesting and exciting new games.
Want to talk to me about a writing project? Get in touch! I also regularly appear as a guest on radio and television programmes. If you’d like to talk to me about games, geekdom, bisexuality or nerd parenting, I’d love to hear from you.